My kids noticed my blog name and commented that I spelled it wrong. :) I patiently told them it was a play on words. They didn't get it.
This is the place that I want to write about the right things going on in my life. I have so many. Not only that, this is where I can pour the good things of my heart . . . or at least some of them . . . in hopes that someday they might help someone. I love my Heavenly Father with all my heart. He is the very most right thing in my life. This blog will show my thanks to Him. I'm so fortunate that He is in my life . . . so Rightings it will stay.
There are moments in time so touching . . .when you just know that He loves you. This morning was one of them. I felt His love fill me in an unexpected way.
It was the usual crazy Sunday morning, only I had been up till 4:00 at night working on a presentation about the Prophet Joseph Smith for Singing Time in Primary. I wanted them to know what Joseph went thru so that we could have the Book of Mormon. I have also been trying to help a certain wonderful young lady who doesn't know how wonderful she is. I won't write her name to protect her identity. She is having a hard time getting along with her dad. Her parents divorced about a year and a half or so ago and her mom remarried. It's been rougher ever since. Due to things escalating, she was to leave today to go work with her step-dad up in Northern Idaho. Saturday night, I invited her over to exchange books and hang out for a bit, knowing I wouldn't see her for awhile. She brought her friend who I love dearly. I got them some chocolate out of my huge 'treasure box' full of chocolate- just my way of showing I love them. We shared some chocolate moments with Becky too. Then she decided to call her "friend" who is a boy but whom her parents say she can't call because they think he is a bad influence on her. (He's older, actually her good friends' boyfriend but it's rather complicated.) This has totally flipped her out that she can't call him and she is very upset with her parents. I am torn, knowing she should obey her parents yet he has been such a life-light to her. . . someone she talks to for hours. It won't be easy to cut it off cold turkey. He was rather sweet and not what I expected at all. I didn't feel any negative vibs like I thought I would. Well, they were a bit late leaving and after they left, I felt like I hadn't handled it all very well. I poured out my heart to Heavenly Father, wanting to fix it all somehow. There is such a fine line between being a friend and Adult. I was beating myself up over it. Then I poured my heart into making the presentation and peace came.
The peace was still with me ever so lightly after Choir practice. We were going to sing "Let the Holy Spirit Guide" during Sacrament Meeting. It touched me. Then she and her little sis walked into the Primary room where I was setting up early. It felt like a warm ray of sunshine even though I could tell they were both a bit upset. I hugged them. Things to say came to my mind. I felt Him near, helping me. Despite my part in all of it, wrong or right He was there for her. I knew it. In turn, I felt really loved as well. I'm not sure she felt anything but that's okay. I had my chance to share His and my love with her one more time.
It was enough. I am so happy. For the moment all is right in my world.
No comments:
Post a Comment