Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A New Me!

Some days, Life just hits you in the face. That happened to me last Monday. I don't want to give away my age ... but let's just say I'm old enough. Old enough to know better.

When it takes more than two hours to mow a part of the lawn - due to all the breaks I had to take, then something is wrong. Time to do something different.

...Then a week and a day passes before I actually do something about it.

Don't tell anyone I'm now more than a week behind. sigh

That's what got me where I'm at in the first place. Never stop moving. It takes too much effort to get going again...so...what did I do?

First of all, I've been thinking about Pat. Here he has been struggling just to get up and walk...while I have it so easy. I can walk any time I want to. I just don't choose to. How sad is that? So, this morning I shoved a Dance CD into the player and started to Cha Cha. It was fun but I got tired quickly. Hmmmm. It looked like I would have to learn a few moves before I was any good at these dance moves. Maybe I should go outside and run around the house a few times, while the CD skips thru the Samba and the Jive part. I slipped on my socks and shoes and headed out. Before I knew it, my feet headed me up the hill and onto the Canal. I was going to get a workout after all. That brought my dad and my sisters to mind. See, my dad started running with my baby brother when he was 50 and Kevin was a teenager. Kevin stopped going soon after but Dad just kept on going. He hasn't stopped - still running at age 83. And then there is Barb who loves to run to relieve her stress. She even runs half marathons. Whew!!!! Just thinking of it makes me tired. And then there is my sister, Melody. She decided to start running so she could run with Barb when she comes to visit. I DO have an amazing family. While I was up on that canal bank, I tried a bit of running. It felt good. Maybe I'll do some more tomorrow. Meanwhile, my heart tells me that I need to do this - and not quit. And who knows? Maybe I'll get a new me out of it!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I would like to go on the record by saying that I must have that same dance DVD, and the fact that you are able to do any of the moves, is pretty heroic. I got tired just looking at the cover. lol. Just remember that a marathon is best run one step at a time, if you try to take more than that, you will just fall flat on your face. Keep up the good work, we are all cheering for you.

    ReplyDelete